Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster
In superb mint condition complete with the G&G case and all the case candy.
Looks fabulous in blonde with the black stratchplate
Make no mistake – this guitar is remarkably authentic. Ash was famously used extensively by Fender in the early years due to its availability – it became synonymous with the Fender single-coil sound. The Broadcaster’s body features a genuine Ash body with a period-correct nitrocellulose lacquer finish, offering an open and resonant sound.
The one-piece Maple neck features a thick ‘50s "U" profile, complete with a 7.25" radius and 21 vintage tall frets that provide a comfortable, familiar playing experience.
One element that’s remained largely unchanged with the Broadcaster’s descendants is the dual single-coil configuration with 3-way switching. For the 70th Anniversary model, Fender has opted for a set of Custom Shop hand-wound ’50-’51 Blackguard pickups wired for standard Telecaster operation.
An optional original Broadcaster wiring kit is included in the case, which can be installed to replicate the unique "blend" circuit used in original Broadcasters. Other additional features include a special anniversary neck plate, and an embroidered hard case with a custom Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '50 Broadcaster "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.630” (41.4 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard